- Pride, Mar 29-Apr 1/07 in Vancouver
- Access, Sept. 6-9/07 in Ottawa
- Women’s, Nov. 22-25/07 in Toronto
- Racially Visible, Mar 6-9/08 in Montreal
- Aboriginal, Sept. 18-21/08 in Winnipeg
For information about these upcoming conferences, visit the PSAC national website. AGR 20044 members are encouraged to apply to be delegates to these conferences, or attend as observers, contact your local executive for more information.
The next AGR 20044 general meeting will be held …
- Monday February 5th, 5PM
- CFIA Burnaby Regional Office
- 4th Floor, 4321 Still Creek Drive
- Light Dinner and drinks
Agenda items: Budget (vote), website, Regional Seminar(Feb. 16-18), Education
& Conventions, UMC items (Spring UMC), Mobilization Update, AGM date
(Hilton, Metrotown, Fri., Nov. 16th/07), and others.
Regional Seminar: Victoria, February 16 – 18th, 2007. Carpool & accommodation details will be available at the meeting above.
The PSAC negotiating team representing members working at the CFIA had a two day meeting on October 30 and 31 in Ottawa. They reviewed,analyzed and prioritized all the bargaining proposals that had been previously received from the Locals across the country. After its meeting, the team forwarded the list of proposals to the PSAC National Office where the program of demands is currently being finalized, translated and printed. The negotiating team will then review the program to ensure it reflects its decisions.
With the contract expiring on December 31, the PSAC has served Notice to Bargain and the team will be meeting with the employer’s representatives to establish a calendar of bargaining dates.
Your negotiating team will keep you informed at every step of the bargaining process. Meanwhile, if you have questions or concerns, please, don’t hesitate to contact your representative on the negotiating team, as listed below.
- Bob Jackson, British Columbia,
- Brea Lewis, Alberta,
- Marianne Hladun, Saskatchewan,
- Len Halldorson, Manitoba,
- Marlene O’Neil, Ontario,
- Denis Sicard, Québec,
- Debbie Forsythe, Atlantic,
- PSAC negotiator Mike McNamara,
- Research officer Shawn Vincent,
- PSAC REVP, Prairies Robyn Benson