In order to update our contact list and keep our membership informed of important Union information, Agriculture Local 20044 is holding a contest. Every member who updates their contact information by March 31, 2018 will be entered to win $200.44!!
Subject: Contact Contest
- Full name
- Phone number
- Work location
- Personal email address
Your Local 20044 Executive
download AGR 20044 Contact Contest Poster
To Local 20044 members,
Please see the invitation to the Agriculture Regional Seminar below.
If you are interested in attending, please respond to this message by February 23, 2018.
Your Local 20044 Executive
Once again it is that time of the year. We are looking forward to having everyone come out for another Regional Seminar. This year we have a great seminar planned for everyone. It will be on the weekend of Mar 9-11 at the Hilton Vancouver Metrotown (6083 McKay Avenue, Burnaby).
It is an exciting time as we welcome new faces to the Agriculture and Regional Leadership of the Agriculture Union and PSAC. Joining us this year will be our new National Agriculture Union President Fabian Murphy, as well as 1st National Executive VP Rick Cormier and 3rd National Executive VP Pat St-Georges. The new Regional Executive VP Jamey Mills will be joining us as well.
Although Bob Kingston has retired from his role as National President of the Agriculture Union, he is still very involved with the Mental Health taskforce and he will be joining us this weekend to give an update on his work there as well. Our final speaker will be Melissa Shih Regional Rep for the Human Rights committee.
We look forward to all of you joining us for an informative and fun weekend! A time to connect with other union members and learn from some of our guest speakers.
The seminar will run from Friday Mar 9 to Sunday Mar 11. Friday night will be the meet and greet in the hospitality suite, Saturday will be a full day of seminar, and Sunday we will be meeting until noon.
Dean Babuin RVP Eastern BC
Terri Lee RVP Western BC
CFIA ratification vote: Let your voice be heard!
Thank you to all CFIA members who have embarked on the e-vote process and cast their vote. If you have not yet participated in an information session please continue reading below.
It’s a simple two-step process!
- Find a webinar/meeting at a time that is convenient. Note that our webinars schedule for BC has now concluded, but you are able to participate in any upcoming webinar. Register and listen to a 20 minute presentation on your tentative agreement. You have the option to stay on the session for the Q&A session after the presentation or;
- Once you have heard the presentation you can log off the session. Then approximately one hour after the session has ended PSAC will have confirmed your participation and you will be able to cast your vote at the link provided in step two.
Continue reading “CFIA Ratification: If you haven’t voted yet, read this.”
All members and family invited! Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope to see you there!
We are holding our *Annual General Meeting on *January 11, 2017 in Langley, BC.
Please download the poster below for details on location, direction, how to RSVP and what positions are up for election, as well as last years’ meeting minutes and current bylaws.
Please pay particular notice to the RESOLUTIONS attachment – there are 10 Resolutions in total.
- AGM Poster – Local 20044 AGM POSTER – Jan 11, 2017
- AGM Agenda – Local 20044 AGM AGENDA – Jan 11, 2017
- AGM 2016 Minutes – Local 20044 AGM Minutes Jan 20, 2016
- AGM Resolutions – Local 20044 AGM Resolutions Jan 11, 2017
- Current bylaws – R20044-2016-01-08 (current bylaws)
- Proposed bylaws – R20044-2016-01-08 (Proposed Bylaws)
- New policy on selecting members for events – R20044-2016-09 (Selection Policy)
- New definition of ‘donation’ in budget – R20044-2016-10 (Donation Definition)
We strongly encourage all Local 20044 members to attend this event, network with others from the Local, enjoy a lovely dinner AND have your say in the decisions for 2016.
Please note that if you carpool with 2 or more people you can apply for a reimbursement for mileage.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Regards, Local 20044 Executive Committee
Agriculture Union – Local 20044 Annual General Meeting
January 19, 2016 – 5:30 – 8:30 pm
All Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) members from Local 20044 are welcome and encouraged to attend this years’ Annual General Meeting. This is a great venue for you to meet other members, enjoy a lovely dinner and have your say in the decisions for 2016.
- United Steel Workers Hall (USW) #202 – 9292 200th St, Langley
- 5:30 pm – Registration, Dinner & Networking
- 6:15 pm – Annual General Meeting
- 8:25 pm – Closing Remarks
- $$ FREE $$ – Dinner & non-alcoholic drinks will be provided.
- RSVP by January 11, 2016 to: Margot.Pittaway@gmail.com.
- This is required for dinner and planning purposes.
- Please indicate any dietary requirements (i.e. gluten-free, dairy-free).
Agriculture Union Local 20044 Annual General Meeting
- When: Jan. 8 2015 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Maritime Labour Centre, 1880 Triumph Street, Vancouver
- Agenda: Executive Report 2014 Activity, Election of 2015 Executive, Looking forward: 2015
- How: Respond to e-vite (personal email) or contact Margot.Pittaway@gmail.com for more details.
RSVP before Dec. 22 to attend the dinner and/or book the Shuttle bus service.
Download a poster for your worksite!
All-Inclusive Meat Inspector’s Barbecue feast!
Organized activities for the kids!
Swimming, golf, horseshoes, tennis, lawn bowling!
- Location: Central Park, Burnaby
- Date: Saturday August 2, 2014
- Time: 11:30 – 4:00
- Cost: Free to members and family.
RSVP to Margot.Pittaway@gmail.com – all members of Local 20044 are welcome!
- March 12, 2014 5:30pm
- PSAC Vancouver Regional Office
- 200 – 5238 Joyce Street
1. Items to add to agenda
2. Proposed Changes to Local 20044 Bylaws
3. Proposed Local 20044 budget for year 2014 (copies will be passed out at meeting)
4. Proposed increase to local 20044 Contingency Fund
5. Bargaining update
6. Summary of Regional Seminar
Proposed Changes to Agriculture Union Local 20044 bylaws
Changes are bolded
(Current) By-Law #1 Name
1. This local shall be known as Vancouver Local 20044 of the Agriculture Union, Public Service Alliance of Canada
(Proposed) By-Law #1 Name
1. This local shall be known as Greater Vancouver/Fraser Valley Local 20044 of the Agriculture Union, Public Service Alliance of Canada
(Current) By-Law #13 Area Council
1. In accordance with section 11 of the Constitution of the Public Service Alliance of Canada, this Local shall encourage and participate in the organization and operation of the Area Councils in the Greater Vancouver
(Proposed) By-Law #13 Area Council
1. In accordance with section 11 of the Constitution of the Public Service Alliance of Canada, this Local shall encourage and participate in the organization and operation of the Area Councils in the Greater Vancouver/Fraser Valley Area.
Annual General Meeting and Dinner- December 3, 2010
- Where: Burnaby Firefighters Club 6515 Bonsor Street (street behind the Sears at Metrotown)
- When: Friday, December 3, 2010
The meeting will begin at 5 with reports and cocktails, the buffet dinner to start at 5:30 with the meeting to finish thereafter (anticipated to begin again by 7:00)
- Adoption of 2009 AGM Minutes (attached here for reference)
- Agriculture Union National President address – Bob Kingston
- Local Executive Reports
- Financial Report
- PSAC – Regional Update – James Little
- Agriculture Regional Update – Regional Vice President Bob Jackson
- Vote and Election of 2011 Local Executive
- Selection of Delegates to 2011 Agriculture Union Triennial Convention (to be held in Vancouver, BC)
Gas subsidy will be provided for members who work in the Fraser Valley and carpool (bring at least one other member in their car).
Please contact Terri Lee at 604-666-3328 or Sonya Entwistle at (604)666-8142 or via e-mail for more information or to let us know you are coming (so we can be sure there is enough food).